- 226g Highland Rump steak
- 500g mixed leaf salad
- 100g balsamic pickled beetroot (cut into wedges)
- 150g Strathdon blue cheese (cut into chunks)
- Walnut croutons to garnish
- 5 tbsp Ola rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 50g butter
- 2 sprigs of Thyme
- Wash salad and drain off, place in a mixing bowl.
- Place frying pan onto a high heat and add 2 tbsp of oil. When it starts to smoke add seasoned steak and sear hard on both sides until coloured on both sides.
- Remove pan from the heat and add thyme and butter to the pan, flipping the steak and basting. Remove from heat and place steak onto a plate to rest, pouring over all the cooking juices and butter.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together mustard, 5 tbsp oil and vinegar.
- Toss into mixed leaves and add in the pickled beetroot and blue cheese.
- After resting the steak slice thinly and scatter over the salad, finish with spooning cooking juices and walnut croutons.
*Recipe courtesy of Andy Stephen, head chef of No.10 Bar & Restaurant