- 500g Aberdeenshire Highland Steak
- 100g butter
- 6 shallots (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 sprigs of thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 Bottle Brewdog Jet Black Heart
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 egg (beaten for glaze)
- 300g puff pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 220C.
- In a bowl season the meat and rub with flour.
- Heat half of the butter in a pan and add meat. Sear all over until golden brown.
- Add vegetables, herbs, ale and stock bring to a simmer then cover with a lid and gently simmer for one hour.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut to shape. Place on a tray lined with baking parchment and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 220C or until full baked and golden brown.
- When the meat is fully cooked and tender season and stir in the remaining butter.
- Serve with rosemary potato wedges and seasonal vegetables and puff pastry.
*Recipe courtesy of Stephen, Head Chef at No.10 Bar & Restaurant.